eyeliner on a cat

eyeliner on a cat
beauty, scent & style scrutinized for pleasure

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekly Scent Round-up [May 14-21]

This was an active blogging week for me. Lots of exciting things have come my way: a slew of Amouage samples, the fulfillment of a Perfumed Court gift certificate from my dear Joanne Elaine of Redolent of Spices blog (an iris and a leather sampler pack), a sample of DSH Perfumes brand new Vert Pour Madame and a much-awaited decant of Guerlain Iris Ganache. I've also been playing around with a lovely box of samples from Liz Zorn, and have an as-yet untouched red velvet baggie of Aroma M scents to explore. There are lots more blogs to be posted, and I'm looking forward to it.

DSH Perfumes Vert Pour Madame

Here's what some of my favorite fragrance bloggers have been up to:

At EauMG, Victoria espouses the beauty of Ormonde Jayne Frangipani, one of their gorgeous watery, tropical florals. Frangipani is not the one I expected her to fall for the hardest, but if perfume can't surprise us sometimes, I suppose nothing can, right?

Tarleisio spins a yarn of how she helped some women she knows appreciate perfume in a new way over at Scent-Less Sensibilites.

Both Birgit at Olfactoria's Travels and Dee at Beauty on the Outside tackle Histoires de Parfums Marquis de Sade inspired perfume, 1740.

Persolaise tells us about a niche perfume line somewhat under the radar, Angela Flanders, and hosts a sample giveaway as well.

What have you been exploring or coveting this past week?

6 comments:

  1. Great man This blog is fully read all article is ok easy understandable. You keep update the blog this is one of the great job man. I should pass the url to my friend for gatering some news from this blog. Good keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the mention, Carrie!

    I have been working my way through a gargantuan bag of ELdO samples and trying to wrap my head around some of them - and that's a good thing! Reviews are forthcoming, but causing a bit of morning sickness...

    What I have been craving...iris...and leather. Birgit and Dee's review of 1740 pushed too many lemming buttons. So did your review of Amouage's Opus V. I like my iris thick and heady (I went crazy over OJ's Orris Noir), so...bring it on!

    And there's another craving, clearly some kind of aromachemical dependency I didn't even know I had...Tabac Blond. I have to sniff it at least once a day. It does so many strange and wondrous things to my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taerleisio- I will say this, when you get your Iris Ganache soon, layer it with Tabac Blond (or Knize Ten, if you get it), just trust me on that.

    Opus V is a strange beast, and beast it is. Awhile ago I asked Liz Zorn if it was weird that I wanted a perfume that smelled like cat fur. She didn't think it was weird at all, and now I've found one. It has so many layers, and has this clean but dirty thing going on that I cannot resist. I'm still struggling a bit with its iris component, as it's nothing like any other iris I've smelled before, it's much richer and earthier.

    I'm dying to get my hands on a bunch of ELdO perfumes, and plan to make a sample order next week. The suspense is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. secperfumes: I'm so happy you found my blog and that you find it easy enough to understand, thank you for reading and helping to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a productive week! And you have some real gems in your possession.

    Yeah, so I fell for Frangipani. Even I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. But, keep in mind, I have a collection of 50-60's Hawaiian dresses and my house has tiki-itis. I'm a recovering Exotica addict :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really impressed together with your writing abilities and also with the format on your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to
    see a nice weblog like this one today..

    Here is my web page get followers

    ReplyDelete