eyeliner on a cat

eyeliner on a cat
beauty, scent & style scrutinized for pleasure

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lust List: my burning desires of the moment

It's that time again! I get to put my fondest wishes out there in the universe and see what is meant to come to fruition, and what will remain unfulfilled. This is wishing therapy. It helps to take away the power that these objects hold over me to admit publicly that I must have them. So mote it be.

1. Guerlain Attrape-Coeur. Still, yes. The only bottle I've found for sale is $300 from an Amazon 3rd party seller. Sadly, as time passes, I want it more.

2. Opus Oils lotsofstuff. I just ordered a bottle of Dapper from Les Bohemes Collection, but that's not good enough. No, I need Heavy Sugar, Dirty Sexy Wilde, Wild Child #13 (sample's almost gone) and a few others too. But mostly, I'm already thinking about getting a bigger bottle of Dapper, because I am going to go through it quickly. Oh, and Dapper body creme, too. That berry-violet-tobacco-leather thing is just killing me, it's that good.

3. Guerlain gold-tone filigree atomizer case for my vintage L'Heure Bleue EDT refill bottle. Not necessary, not by a long shot, but SO pretty. *UPDATE: don't need anymore, thank you Dee!*



4. Samples of all the Tauer and Aftelier perfumes that I haven't tried yet. Sometimes, it's appropriate to be a completeist.

5. Samples of the Huitieme Art Collection fragrances. I want them to satisfy my curiosity about Pierre Guillaume's new "phyto-perfumery" technology. It's research for my blog, of course. Yeah, that's it. *UPDATE: don't need these anymore, thank you Brian!*

6. Chanel Cuir de Russie, 28 La Pausa, Coromandel and Bois des Iles. I'd like large bottles of all of them, but I'd settle for decants, if I must.



7. Catch up on Caron samples, including the masculines that Victoria (EauMG) has been raving about. I have a lot still to try. Also, I need Caron loose face powder and one of those amazing swansdown puffs to go along with it. Preferably on a stick. *UPDATE: should have samples of the masculines on the way soon, thanks Brian!*

8. Find a bottle of vintage Jovan Grass Oil from the 70s. My mother used to wear it and I clearly remember the bottle on her vanity. It fascinated me to no end as a child.

9. Serge Lutens Bois de Violette. A full bottle. Immediately. I also want to sample Bois et Musc and Bois et Fruits. Since we're wishing here, I'll take a vintage bottle of Shiseido Feminite du Bois as well.



10. Bottles of Liz Zorn Meerschaum, Sonoran Leather and Journeyman. Oh, and a full set of her new EDTs, since we're at it. Especially Leather Krem, which I'm in love with.

11. Estee Lauder Youth Dew and Youth Dew Amber Nude. I'm long overDew to give these a try. I do believe my dearest one, JoannElaine (Redolent of Spices), will be sending me some Youth Dew goodies (that is, if the Canadian post ever sorts itself out). I also need a bottle of Sensuous Noir, that one's a no-brainer. I finally got to smell a scent strip of Sensuous Nude, which I was at one time very excited about, but that excitement has since been squashed by a screechy muguet note. Pass.

12. Le Labo Cuir 28 (Dubai exclusive). From what I understand, all city exclusives will be available everywhere for a limited time in November. I'm ready to take the plunge!

13. Lucky number 13 belongs to Etat Libre d'Orange Bendelirious. I'm dying to dive into that cherry lollipop-iris thing. It sounds very cheerful.



I'll leave it here for now, I think. So everyone else, please do dish about what you're coveting these days. Inquiring minds NEED to know!

25 comments:

  1. Ok, besides wanting more money...

    1) All of the NARS Fall 2011 eye colors plus the Velvet Matte lip pencil. I'll settle for just the eyeshadow duo and the eyeshadow trio.

    2) Bulgari Black, which I have whined to you incessantly about.

    3) A facial - this is desperately needed.

    4) A pedicure - this is also desperately needed.

    5) Le Labo Cuir 28 as well - I'll be saving up for November!!

    6) Continuing on the Le Labo, the Oud too.

    7) A new pair of cute, wear-with-anything flats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the colognes on Victoria's (bois) top cologne list ESP eau sauvGe Bd chAnel eau de cologne & GuerlIn Coq. Pamplelune.

    Carnal Flower fb Tub Crim fb Portrait of a Lady fb

    Bespoke perfume
    Cait/legerdenez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uargh....where to start, where to start...

    FBW:
    Bois de Violette. Totally! And another one, but I can't talk about that one yet...
    Piguet Bandit. For my Inner Domme Corleona
    And Fracas. Nobody puts Diva in a corner!
    Aftelier Fig. It's That Good.
    Andy Tauer's Orange Star. Thermonuclear orange. What's not to love?
    All the Odin NY's I haven't tried. (All but Petrana, and I have a decant - no regrets or surprises there!)
    Ormonde Jayne's Orris Noir. I went through half a sample bottle on Wednesday. It's become a good luck charm! ;)
    A humungous bottle of Atelier's Trefle Pur. Green gets no better than this, unless it's...
    DSH Parfums des Beaux Arts Vert Pour Madame. Because Dawn loves greens like we do!
    Amouage Opus V. Damn it.

    I can live with decants of...(now I have a proper cabinet for storage)
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan. Must Have. It won't be July for ever!
    Chêne. Now, that cat only has two lives left.

    I dearly want to try...
    L'Artisan anything.
    All the Afteliers I missed!
    All the surprises I haven't encountered yet!

    That should keep me through the winter, at least...;-)

    I can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your list is impressive, I love these posts. It is therapeutic to get it all in the open, isn't it? So here is my list:
    1. Aftelier Tango huuuuuuuge bottle :)
    2. The Different Company Osmanthus
    3. Shalimar Parfum Initial
    4. Chanel 19 Poudre
    5. PG Cadjmeré
    Ahh, it won't come true, but it sure felt good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey: your inclusion of things other than perfume (I forget such things exist) reminds me of all the other stuff I need. I did recently pick up two of the new Chanel nail polishes that I had to have.

    Cait: Your list looks deceptively short, but in reality it's long and more expensive than mine.

    Sheila: I'm totally with you on Orange Star. I love it and need it too. It's so loverly.

    Birgit: I like to imagine myself being picked up by a giant and dipped into a huge vat of Aftelier Tango, then set gently down on some warm towels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find that bottle of Attrape Coeur!

    I am sending you Youth Dew goodies, you can bet on that. I won't bother to send the sample of Dapper since you just ordered a bottle LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Joanne! I can't wait! In the meantime, how about you share your own wishlist? :)


    (here's a secret: I like to keep track of what my friends want and this is a good way to do it)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lust list~ & oh does that berry-violet-tobacco-leather thing sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alyssa, I can't recommend Opus Oils Dapper heartily enough. If everybody *knew* how good it really is, Kedra would be working her little fingers to the bone trying to keep up with orders. There have been expletives uttered that have echoed off the walls and sailed out into the universe. It's that good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie, are you enjoying the Chanel polishes?

    Oh, forgot about another scent-related wish of mine: I want all three of the Payard EDTs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joey- I haven't received my Chanel nps yet. Early next week, probably. I think I'll go for Peridot first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA! I can happily solve your gold filigree bottle need... which is so bizarre, because I ALMOST sent it to you with the Shalimar---weird, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dee, I could just tackle you right now and plant a big kiss on your cheek. You're lucky you're so far away from me! Thank you so much, now I'll have pretty case for my ugly vintage L'Heure Bleue EDT bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh- fun!
    My wishlist:

    FB of :
    1. Montale Black Aoud (though I would mind Aoud Rose Petals and White Aoud too)
    2. Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle
    3. By Killian Love and Tears- I could live with a decant of this
    4. FM Noir Epices, Une Rose, Iris Poudre (maybe mixed travel set?)
    5. Aftelier Lumiere/Shiso/Cepes and Tuberose..
    6. Vintage Caron Poivre (love!!!!!)

    Decants of
    1. EdO Rien and Rossy de Palma
    2. OJ Woman and Frangipani..I have Ta'if on the way- but I am planning to be good and give the bottle to my sister and keep the 10 ml travel spray. Atleast that is the plan for now- if I can exercise enough self restraint..:D
    3. Amouage Epic

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also I would like to add Chanel Bois de Iles to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lavanya, thanks for chiming in! Dapper is not only amazing, but it's only $35 for a dram (5ml) bottle, and you can choose an alcohol base (which I did) or fractionated coconut oil base if you prefer. Also, Dirty Sexy Wild has a kooky name, but it's a brilliant animalic perfume. I will be very impressed if you can give away your bottle of Ta'if, even if it is to your sister. Nobody comes between me and my Ormonde Jayne!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carrie ,
    I have a full sample set of the Huitieme Art frags - I'd love to swap for 5 ml of that Opus Oils Dapper...
    And oooh , what else do I want ?
    1 . a FB of Wild Child (PLAP #13 )
    2 . Serge Lutens De Prufundis non export ( unsniffed but I lust after that bottle of purple juice ) and I'm not an SL fangirl either
    3 . DSH Bodhisattva - this was one of the creations she didn't enter in the PLAP project , and although I loved #11 , Bodhi Sativa , I love Bodhisattva more .
    4 . Guerlain Chant d'Aromes vintage parfum
    5. Soivohle Domino Viole
    6 . Annick Goutal Mon Parfum par Camille (If anybody in London can snag me a bottle , I'll give you your hearts desire...)
    While I'm at it , I want Roja Dove to make a complete line of body cream , shower gel , deodorant scented with Diaghilev

    ReplyDelete
  18. Starting a lust list could be dangerous since there's no end to my greed!!! But I agree, sometimes talking about it can be rather therapeutic. I'm constantly amazed by the variety of perfume out there. I think a part of the reason I neglect this area is because (a) it overwhelms me and (b) I KNOW that I'll become a manic collector once I become educated enough. Longing for what you can't have available at the moment is one thing but those vintage perfumes must be painful to think of!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol: I've actually got somebody sending me the Huitieme Art perfumes, so I don't need those anymore. Besides, the bottle of Dapper I'm gettins is only one dram (5ml) so that wouldn't work. :) But, I highly suggest you pick yourself up a dram in an alcohol base, it's GHASTLYGOOD. I'm with you on the Domino Viole, I need several full bottles from Liz. I can't believe I have my very own Riverwalk bottle- perks for hosting the giveaway and being a PTB. :)

    Hi Liz! Ah, you touch on a good topic- vintage. Yes, it can hurt one's heart to lust after vintage, but, it's not as hard to find as you might think. Not when you've got a whole network of friends across the world looking out for you. All things work out in the end, somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a bit late, but my wishlist includes:
    1. MFK Absolue pour le Soir FB
    2. Shalimar Parfum Initial
    3. Eau d'Italie Jardin du Poete
    4. The whole Mona di Orio line :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought about it for a long time - as if it was really important to get it right. I have to admit that currently I do not covet a single full bottle - believe it or not. But I want a LOT of samples. There are SO many brands I haven't tested yet... Dior La Collection, Czech & Speake, Parfumerie Generale, Maison Francis Kurkdjian - just to name a few.

    Undina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ines! Your list is short (compared to mine) and to the point, and it all sounded perfectly reasonable until the end when you mentioned the entire Mona di Orio line. But, maybe it's not a huge line? :)

    Undina: It IS important, in a way. It puts our intentions out into the universe, and you never know what can come out of it. I've already had several people contact me for swaps or just to gift me since I posted this. Auspicious things can happen on perfume blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carrie, I think there are 12 perfumes in the line all together. I have one, so only 11 more to go. :)

    ReplyDelete