eyeliner on a cat

eyeliner on a cat
beauty, scent & style scrutinized for pleasure

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Perfumer interview series starting soon!

Very shortly, I will begin a new series on my blog which will consist of interviews with perfumers I feel are important, talented and add something unique to the world of perfume. Some of them I will know personally, others not so much, but I can't wait to satisfy my curiosity about all the things I've always wanted to ask them. I think it will prove to be entertaining and enlightening for you too, dear readers.

Mandy Aftel, giving us Stevie Nicks-style realness

First up will be my two favorite Californians: Mandy Aftel of Aftelier Perfumes, natural perfumer extraordinaire and all-around great friend, and then the slightly naughty proprietress of Opus Oils, Kedra Hart. Okay, maybe she's a bit more than slightly naughty. I will be celebrating with Kedra a big anniversary for her and a big launch. Mandy will lend some fascinating insight into her creative process and ideas about what perfume means to her.

Kedra Hart, obviously up to something here

Stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. It's like you read my mind , Carrie!! I was just thinking how fun it would be to interview and/or read Mandy's interview on a perfume blog. Can't wait!!
    I am not familiar with Kedra's work but am looking forward to getting to know her through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH I love interviews! It's like being a fly on the wall in the mind of a creative person :) I look forward to reading these pieces!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Carrie!!! Keep MEMEMEMEMEME posted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavanya: that's great! I think a lot of us perfume lovers want a glimpse into the creative minds that churn out the magical juice we can't live without.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda: I'm happy to hear you'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun!
    I know you will have some great questions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne: It's already been fun for me, if everything goes how I'd like it to, the series will continue on indefinitely. Until I run out of great perfumers, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So looking forward to this -- it's one of my favourite aspects of learning about perfume, especially when the engagement is with an intelligent interviewer.

    -- Lindaloo

    ReplyDelete