Press Contact: Lyn Leigh, email@example.com
For Immediate Release
The Fragrance Foundation
Shares Further Details on
“Indie” FiFi Award Initiative
New York NY September 16th 2011. The Fragrance Foundation is very pleased and excited to announce that thanks to the great generosity of Givaudan Fragrances Corp., a congratulatory $10.000.00 cheque will be presented to the winner of the Indie FiFi Award at a festive ceremony during the Elements Showcase at the end of January 2012.
“We are delighted to support this Foundation initiative,” comments Cosimo Policastro, Givaudan’s dynamic and respected Executive Vice President, Fine Fragrances, “and especially pleased to provide an extra measure of encouragement to these talented, creative free-spirits. We admire their entrepreneurial skills in balancing business with much passion and love of the art form that is fragrance.”
The Foundation is very excited to be able to encourage niche/independent brands that add such inventiveness, creativity and personality to the fragrance world to vie for the Indie FiFi Award. The stellar members of the newly formed “Indie” Committee have already met to action guidelines and procedures. “Each and every committee member is absolutely in tune with this world, knows their needs and understands their dreams,” comments Mary Ellen Lapsansky, Vice President of The Fragrance Foundation. “We thank them for their enthusiasm and support.” The following recommendations have now been instituted by the Committee:
· Submission forms will be posted online early October at www.fragrance.org, www.elements-showcase.com
· Submission forms will be due late November.
· Judging will take place in early January 2012 in New York.
· The Indie Committee will select the judging panel based upon knowledge, experience and expertise and will formulate guidelines to assist the panel through the judging process.
· An Indie brand must be an established brand that has been on the market for at least 2 years and must be sold in 1 to 50 doors including online in order to participate. The brand must be independent, not owned or distributed by a large company.
· The entry fee is established at $200.00 per entry.
“Indie” Committee Mission statement
To support the excellence, talent and artistry of ‘indie’ perfumes, celebrate their individuality and craftsmanship, give a voice to the “indie” brands, address any issues and concerns that are important to the group as a whole.
The “Indie” Committee Members:
Mandy Aftel (Aftelier Perfumes) Arnaud Adrian (Robertet) Rochelle Bloom (The Fragrance Foundation) Frederick Bouchardy (Joya Studio) Karl Bradl (Aedes de Venustas) Virginia Bonofiglio (Fashion Institute of Technology) Denise Capozzalo (Barneys) Rodrigo Flores-Roux (Givaudan Fragrances Corp.) Victoria Frolova (Bois de Jasmin) Mary Ellen Lapsansky (The Fragrance Foundation), Carrie Meredith (Eyeliner on a Cat) Ralf Schwieger (Mane)